The children’s ministry at ChristChurch Suwanee is planned in an effort to see lives transformed into true followers of Christ, who walk in obedience to the Scripture out of love for the Author of Scripture.
Our Values, which reflect the 4 core values of ChristChurch Suwanee, are:
All of the following classes are open during our only worship service at 10:30am on Sunday mornings.
Our mission is to provide a safe, comforting environment where we meet our babies physical needs and minister to them spiritually through praying over the m, singing songs of our faith to them, and teaching them through books and playtime
Our 2’s & 3’s class is learning about their heavenly Father and our Savior and Lord Jesus through weekly lessons from The Jesus Storybook Bible, color sheets that reinforce each lesson, and through weekly crafts that reinforce our lessons as well. Learning the Lord’s Prayer – what it means as well as memorizing the words is part of our class each week. Lots of time is provided for play and singing with musical instruments each week.
Our PreK-1st graders worship with their parents in corporate worship each week then are dismissed to their class before the sermon. They are learning foundational truths about our Savior and Lord Jesus through our weekly lessons in Explore the Bible curriculum. Our weekly craft activities and Bible verses memorized further support the truths learned.
Our 2nd-5th grade students also worship with their parents in corporate worship each week then are dismissed to their class before the sermon. Our boys & girls are being grounded in God’s Word through our Explore the Bible curriculum and class activities that support each text truth taught. Our boys meet in one class with men teaching them while our girls meet in another class with women teaching them. This has provided an environment to disciple their hearts more so as we discuss the truths in God’s Word each week.
– Diapers & wipes
– Pacifier attached with clip
– Labeled sippy cup or bottle
– Pull-ups for potty training kids
– Complete change of clothes (even for kids up to 4 yrs)
– All team leaders are trained in CPR/AED and First Aid
– First aid kits are available at the kid’s welcome table and in each classroom
– All volunteers are members of our church and are trained in our emergency plan for each class
– All of our volunteers have completed a background check
– Should there be a need for evacuation, please meet your child/children outside
– Sanitation measures are used for diaper changes and classroom cleanup each Sunday
– Please refrain from bringing your child to class if they currently display the following symptoms:
– Or these symptoms that have been present within the last 24 hours:
– Lastly, please contact us if you become aware of sickness that your child may have exposed others to, such as lice, pink eye, Hand Food Mouth Disease, etc.
Children are part of the covenant congregation, and God calls upon His covenant people to corporately come before Him in worship. We encourage parents to bring their children into the service at an early age.
If there are 5 Sundays in a month, that 5th Sunday (or “Family Worship Sunday” as we like to call it), our 2nd-5th class stays for the whole main worship service. A special bulletin for that Sunday will be available to facilitate participation.
We don’t want our covenant children to merely “sit and be quite”. Our heart is to equip parents with tools to help their children appreciate and participate in corporate worship. We hope the following document will help you work towards that goal.
Click here to view or download the “Worshipping with Children“.
Worship is giving to God all that belongs to Him, whether it be praise,
honor, prayer, thanksgiving, or ourselves.